3 Ways Your Roof Gets Damaged During The Summer
One of the most important things as a homeowner is to properly maintain your home. If you properly take care of your home, then your home will in return take care of you. With roofing, this is no exception.
1) Heavy Summer Rains – During the hot, sticky summer months, it does not rain often. But when it does, it pours. It is crucial during these times of extreme rainfall that no water is leaking into your home.
– It is always quite possible that during a heavy rain, there is also heavy wind. These combined together can tear shingles off of your roof.
2) Clean your gutters – If the gutters have not been cleaned in a while, it is important to clean them, and do it properly. With clean gutters, this will ensure sufficient and proper flow for water to go from your roof, and to the ground effectively.
– If the gutters do not work effectively, the water will still have to go somewhere. And, with a backed up gutter, it has no option but to soak into the roof it was designed to protect, thus shortening the lifespan of your roof.
3) Moss – This is one of the most active times of the year for moss to grow. So, it is important that if you encounter or see moss growing on your roof that you have it removed, to ensure that the roof stays in it’s best shape and not prematurely worn.
Trust Our Experts
Trust our experts to help you when your roof becomes damaged. Whatever your issue is, do not hesitate to contact us if you have any concerns about the health of your roof.